Zucchini Spaghetti with Fennel and Lamb Ragu
Nutrition per serving
- Peel/finely dice the garlic.
- Finely chop the olives.
- Cut off the stalks and fronds from the fennel. Chop of the root from the bottom and discard. Very thinly slice the fennel widthways.
- To prepare the zucchini spaghetti, slice each end off of the zucchini. Either use a special spiral vegetable cutter to cut spirals, or use a vegetable peeler (pass the peeler down one lengthwise side of the zucchini, only catching a thin portion of the zucchini, no thicker than 1/2 inch. When you approach the seeds, turn the zucchini and start slicing the other side).
- Cook the zucchini spaghetti in boiling water over the hob for 5-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the garlic and rosemary in ½ a tbsp of oil in a frying pan over medium heat for about a minute. Add the fennel and a pinch of salt and continue to cook for about 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the mince and break up the meat with a wooden spoon, then add the olives and cook until the mince is no longer pink. Stir in the tinned tomatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, lower heat to low and simmer for about 6-8 minutes until slightly thickened. Add a little water if too thick.
- Add the drained zucchini spaghetti to the sauce and stir to coat.