Vegetable Loaded Gnocchi with Red Pesto and Pine Nuts
Nutrition per serving
- Slice the tomatoes into quarters.
- Slice the courgette in half lengthways, slice one half into 3 and then slice widthways into 1cm pieces.
- Grate the cheese.
- Place pine nuts in a dry skillet on medium-low heat. Stir frequently (every 15 seconds or so). Cook for a few minutes until they are golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat a tsp of oil over high heat. Add the courgettes with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes until browned. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add another ½ tsp of oil to the pan, lower heat to medium and cook the cherry tomatoes for a few minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the courgette.
- Coat the gnocchi in ½ a tbsp of olive oil, add to the pan over medium-high heat and cook for about 3 minutes until golden and crispy around the edges. Lower the heat to medium, cover the pan and cook for a further minute.
- Add a handful of spinach, stir and continue to cook until the spinach wilts. Remove the pan from heat, stir in the pesto, crème fraiche, tomatoes, courgettes, half the grated cheese and half the pine nuts.
- Serve in a bowl with the remaining grated cheese and pine nuts sprinkled over the top.