Vegetable Gratin with Mozzarella and Mixed Beans
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Red Bell Pepper (capsicum)|
|Login||Canned Mixed Beans (drained)|
|Login||Chopped Tomatoes (canned)|
|Login||Mozzarella Cheese (whole milk)|
|Login||Vegan Parmesan Cheese|
- Preheat the oven to 200 °
- Top and tail the courgette/aubergine. Slice in half lengthways, then slice into 1cm cubes.
- Remove the core/slice the pepper into 1cm cubes.
- Peel/finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Rinse/drain the mixed beans in a sieve.
- Place the courgette, aubergine and peppers into a bowl with a tbsp of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix to coat.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat, add the vegetables and cook for a few minutes until slightly charred. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add ½ a tbsp of olive oil to the pan and lower heat to medium. Once hot, add the onion, garlic and gently cook for 3 minutes before adding the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, mixed beans, dried herbs and the cooked vegetables. Stir to combine and continue to cook for about 3 minutes until warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then pour the mixture into an oven proof dish. Tear the mozzarella into bite-sized pieces and scatter it over the vegetables. Sprinkle over the grated cheese and breadcrumbs and cook in the oven for 5-7 minutes until the top is golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and rest for a few minutes before serving.