Tofu, Lentil and Charred Vegetable Salad
Nutrition per serving
- Remove the core/slice the pepper into 2cm strips.
- Top and tail courgette and slice lengthways into ½ cm thick strips.
- Drain/rinse lentils in a sieve.
- Drain the water from the tofu and press out the moisture using paper towels. Slice into chunks.
- Squeeze the juice from a quarter of a lemon.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the courgettes and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until slightly charred and softened. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in the same frying pan and cook the peppers in the same way as the courgettes. Transfer to the plate with the courgettes.
- Wipe the pan clean and return to medium heat, coat the tofu chunks in a little olive oil and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn the tofu regularly.
- In the meantime, to make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, combine, a tbsp of olive oil, ½ a tbsp of lemon juice, thyme leaves and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To make the salad, in a serving bowl, add the rocket, courgette, red pepper, lentils, vinaigrette and combine well to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the tofu on top of the salad.