Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa
Nutrition per serving
- Preheat the oven to 200 °
- Cut the leek lengthways and then cut 1 half lengthways into 3 strips. Now chop across into 2cm pieces.
- Chop the courgette into 1cm cubes.
- Crumble the feta.
- Slice the pepper in half lengthways and remove the core.
- Finely chop mint.
- Lightly coat the peppers in a little olive oil and place onto a baking tray. Cook in the oven for about 6-8 minutes until tender.
- To make the quinoa, 1/2 fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the quinoa, cover with a lid, and leave to boil for 12 minutes. Drain the water from the quinoa and set aside in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat a tsp of oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the leeks, oregano, a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the leeks to a bowl with the feta cheese. Remove the peppers from the oven and set aside for a few minutes before stuffing with the leek/feta cheese mixture. Return the peppers to the oven and cook for a further 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, heat a tsp of olive oil over high heat. Add the courgette and cook for about 2-3 minutes until browned all over.
- Add the courgettes to the quinoa with the, pumpkin seeds, chopped mint and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve the quinoa in a bowl with the stuffed peppers on top.