Stir-Fried Chinese Chilli Beef
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Green Onions/Spring Onions or Scallions (including tops and bulb)|
|Login||Green Bell Pepper (capsicum)|
|Login||Red Chilli Pepper|
|Login||Five Spice Powder|
|Login||Cornstarch (Corn flour)|
|Login||Soy Sauce (tamari)|
|Login||Sauce, Sweet Chilli|
- Thinly slice the beef into slivers.
- Finely slice the spring onions.
- Core pepper and slice into very thin strips.
- Peel/dice the garlic.
- Finely dice the chili.
- Finely dice the ginger.
- Cook the noodles in lightly salted boiling water for about 4 minutes. Drain, return to the pot in cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflour, 5 spice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the beef and stir well to coat.
- Heat 1 ½ tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the beef and cook until golden and crispy. Transfer to a kitchen towel lined plate and set aside.
- To the same skillet, return to heat, add the pepper and chili and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, the white part of the spring onion and cook for a further minute.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, vinegar and ½ tbsp of water. Pour over the vegetables, continue to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef, drained noodles, green part of the spring onion and gently stir to combine. Cook for a final minute.
- Serve in a bowl.