Spicy Peanut & Courgette Balls with Noodles in a Yoghurt Satay Sauce
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Dry Roasted Peanuts|
|Login||Green Onions/Spring Onions or Scallions (including tops and bulb)|
|Login||Red Chilli Pepper|
|Login||Soy Sauce (tamari)|
|Login||Peanut butter, smooth style, without salt|
|Login||Gluten Free Flour|
|Login||Plain soy yogurt|
- Preheat the oven to 180 °
- Grate the courgette into a bowl, sprinkle over a large pinch of salt and set aside for 5-10 minutes to absorb the excess liquid. Once the time has passed, place the grated courgette into a clean tea towel and squeeze out the liquid.
- Peel/chop the garlic and ginger.
- Finely chop the spring onion. (Reserve a large pinch of the spring onion for garnish).
- Finely chop the chili.
- Coarsely chop the coriander.
- Place the peanuts in a drying frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently every 15 seconds and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Transfer the peanuts to a chopping board and roughly chop them.
- Return the frying pan to heat with ½ a tbsp of oil over medium-low heat. Add half the garlic, half the ginger, spring onion, half the chili and cook for about a minute until softened.
- Place the strained grated courgette into a mixing bowl with the mixture from the frying pan, the peanuts, flour, tahini, ½ a tbsp of coriander and a pinch of black pepper. Mix everything together to combine and form the mixture into 3 equal sized balls. Place onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a pot of lightly salted boiling water for 4 minutes, then drain.
- Return the same frying pan with 1/4 tbsp of oil over medium-low heat. Add the remaining garlic, ginger and chili and cook for a minute until tender. Remove the pan from heat.
- In a large bowl, add, the peanut butter with the soy sauce, maple syrup, yoghurt, 2 tbsp of boiled water and the cooked garlic, ginger and chili. Mix well to combine before adding the drained noodles and mix well to coat.
- Serve the noodles in a bowl with the courgette balls on top and the coriander, spring onion sprinkled over the top. Finally squeeze over a little lime juice.