Smokey Ratatouille with Goat’s Cheese and Garlic Ciabatta
Nutrition per serving
- Preheat oven to 250 °
- Core and slice pepper into 1cm strips.
- Top and tail courgette and dice into 2cm cubes.
- Peel/finely dice ½ the garlic clove for the sauce and chop the other ½ when the ciabatta is toasted.
- Top and tail the aubergine and dice into 2 cubes.
- Place the courgettes, peppers and aubergine into a mixing bowl. Drizzle over a tbsp of olive oil with a large pinch of salt and pepper and mix well to coat. Evenly layer onto a baking tray and cook near the top of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a tsp of olive oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute before adding the tinned tomatoes, paprika, a pinch sugar and salt and pepper. Bring to gentle boil, lower heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened.
- Remove the cooked vegetables from the oven and set aside. Turn the grill on to high. Grill the ciabatta until toasted on each side.
- Place the ciabatta on a plate, sprinkle over the chopped garlic and rub into the ciabatta before drizzling over a little olive oil. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the tomato sauce. Tear the basil leaves and add half of them to the sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Serve the ratatouille in a bowl with the remaining basil leaves sprinkled over the top and the goat cheese crumbled over. Serve the garlic ciabatta on the side.