Smoked Mackerel Pasta
Nutrition per serving
- Preheat the oven to 180 °
- Peel/chop the shallot into ½ cm pieces.
- Peel/chop the garlic.
- Remove the root and dark green end from the leek. Slice in half lengthways and finely slice widthways into 1cm thick slices.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Slice the courgette lengthways and slice widthways into 1cm thick slices.
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Place the courgette and cherry tomatoes onto a baking tray and drizzle over ½ a tbsp of olive oil and mix to coat. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and pepper and cook near the top of the oven for 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes have wilted and the courgette tender but with a bite.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat ¾ tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic and leeks and cook for about 3-4 minutes until softened. Roughly tear-up the mackerel into bite-sized pieces and add to the pan with the mustard and crème fraiche. Stir well to combine everything together, then remove from heat.
- Add the stock pot to the boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 2 tbsp of the pasta water before draining and return the pasta to the pot.
- When the pasta is cooked, return the mackerel sauce to heat and stir in the reserved pasta water and cook for a minute until the sauce is hot.
- Add the mackerel sauce and roasted vegetables to the pasta with ½ a tbsp of lemon juice and half the grated Parmesan. Stir the mixture well to combine
- Serve in a bowl with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled over the top and remainder of olive oil.