Singapore Rice with Cashews and Bok Choi
Nutrition per serving
- Remove the root from the bok choy and shred the bok choy widthways.
- Remove the core and dice a quarter of the pepper into ½ cm pieces and slice the other quarter into ½ cm strips.
- Finely slice the spring onion into ½ cm rounds, then separate the white part from the green.
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold running water for 30 seconds. Add to a medium pot of lightly salted boiling water and cook for about 20 minutes. Add the peas 2 minutes toward the end of the rice cooking time. Once the rice/peas are cooked, drain and set aside.
- Place the cashews in a drying frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently every 15 seconds and cook for a few minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Once the rice is cooked, in a frying pan, heat ½ a tbsp of oil over high heat. Add the red pepper, bok choy, white part of the spring onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until browned. Add the rice/peas and stir to combine. Continue to cook for 3 minutes until the rice starts to brown.
- Make a little space in the pan, add the curry powder, a tbsp of water, the sweet chili sauce and mix together. Stir the rice into the curry mixture before adding the tamari.
- Add the cashews, remaining peppers, green part of the spring onion and stir everything together.