Singapore Chicken Laksa
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Green Onions/Spring Onions or Scallions (including tops and bulb)|
|Login||Red Curry Paste|
|Login||Chicken Stock Cube|
|Login||Peanut butter, chunk style, with salt|
|Login||Kaffir Lime Leaves|
|Login||Coconut milk (liquid expressed from grated meat and water)|
- Trim the fat from the chicken thigh.
- Finely chop the spring onion and separate the green part from the white.
- Peel/finely chop garlic and ginger.
- Squeeze the juice from ¼ of a lime.
- Boil 225ml of water in a kettle.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat half a tbsp of oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until cooked through/no longer pink in the middle. Remove the pan from heat.
- In a medium saucepan, heat half a tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add the white part of the spring onion, garlic, ginger and cook for a minute before stirring in the red curry paste and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and stir until smooth, then add 250ml of boiled water with the stock pot. Add the peanut butter, ¼ tsp of sugar, the kaffir leaf, the lime juice and stir everything together. Gently simmer the mixture for 6 minutes.
- Once the 6 minutes cooking time has passed, add the noodles to the soup and cook for about 4-5 minutes until the noodles are tender. Finally slice the chicken, add to the soup and continue to cook for 30 seconds before removing the pan from heat.
- Serve the soup in a bowl with the chopped coriander and green part of the spring onion sprinkled over the top.