Sesame Teriyaki Tofu with Bok Choy
Nutrition per serving
- Peel/finely dice the garlic and ginger.
- Finely slice the spring onion into ½ cm rounds and separate the white part from the green.
- Remove the root from the bok choy and finely slice widthways.
- Drain the tofu and press out the moisture using paper towels. Cut into bite-size chunks.
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold running water for 30 seconds. Add to a medium pot of lightly salted boiling water and cook for about 20 minutes on high heat until tender. Add more water if needed. Drain, return to pot and cover with a lid until serving.
- To make the marinade, in a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, maple syrup, the ginger, half the garlic, and the white part of the spring onion. Add the tofu and stir to coat. Set aside to marinade for a few minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat ½ a tbsp of oil over high heat. Add the tofu (but not the marinade) and stir fry for a minute. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to heat and add the marinade and cook until almost thickened. Once thickened, return the tofu to the pan.
- In another pan, heat ½ a tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding the bok choy with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice to the pan, stir to combine everything together and remove from heat when the rice is warmed through.
- Serve the rice in a bowl with the tofu on top with the green part of the spring onion and sesame seeds sprinkled over the top.