Pork Linguine with Courgettes, Chilli and Lemon
Nutrition per serving
- Top and tail the courgette. Slice in half lengthways, then slice one half into 3 lengthways then slice across into 1 cm cubes.
- Peel/finely dice the garlic and onions.
- Remove the skin from the sausage.
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water for about 10 minutes until al dente, then drain.
- In a pan, heat ½ a tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion and courgette and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat a tsp of olive oil over medium heat, add the sausage meat and break up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook for a 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Return the vegetables back to the pan with a pinch of chili flakes, lemon juice and zest, and the tinned tomatoes. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and gently mix to coat.
- Serve in a bowl with the grated cheese sprinkled over the top.