Poached Salmon with Bacon
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||14.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||10.1 g|
|Pine Nuts, dried|
1. Trim smoked bacon of fat and slice into 1cm strips. Cut courgette into half moons. Cut bigger broccoli stalks in half lengthways. Prepare a large saucepan of water to the boil.
2. Place the salmon fillet into the pan and reduce the heat so as to simmer. Leave to poach for 10 minutes. Then carefully remove the salmon and drain well and then plate to wait.
3. At the same time heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. When oil is hot, add bacon and fry for 1 minute.
4. Then add courgette and broccoli and fry for another minute.
5. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for a further minute.
6. Add the spinach and let it wilt down, then season with a little salt and pepper.
7. Place vegetable mixture on plate – then put the salmon on top. Add some pine nut and little grated parmesan as required.