Poached Salmon and Ratatouille
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||8.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
1. Cut courgette and aubergine into 1cm pieces. Roughly dice red onion. Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan with a medium to high heat. Add the onion, courgette and aubergine and stir-fry until they are just starting to soften and colour. About 4 minutes
2. Drop in the thyme and stir for another minute, then squeeze in the tomato puree and mix to coat the vegetables. Keep frying, stirring continuously, for about 45 seconds before pouring in the balsamic vinegar and 100ml of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and let the ratatouille bubble for about 10 minutes. The vegetables should just be soft. Add another 50ml or so of water if required to prevent thickening.
3. While the vegetables are simmering place the salmon fillet into a large prepared saucepan of boiling water. Bring back to a simmer and then cook the salmon until just cooked through. Should be around 10 minutes.
4. Lift the salmon carefully out of the water and drain well.
5. Serve the salmon with the ratatouille.