Peanut Satay Stir-Fry with Thai Basil & Bok Choy
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Peanut butter, smooth style, without salt|
|Login||Soy Sauce (tamari)|
|Login||Sweet Chili Sauce|
|Login||Red Bell Pepper (capsicum)|
|Login||Bok Choi/Pak Choi/Chinese Cabbage raw|
|Login||Green Onions/Spring Onions or Scallions (including tops and bulb)|
|Login||Sugar Snap Peas|
|Login||Dry Roasted Peanuts|
- Peel/finely chop the ginger.
- Remove the core/slice the pepper into ½ cm strips.
- Remove the root from the bok choy and shred widthways.
- Finely slice the spring onion into ½ cm rounds and separate the white part from the green.
- Lightly crush the peanuts with the back of a spoon.
- Cook the noodles in a pot of lightly salted boiling water for 4 minutes until tender. Drain the noodles and return them to the pot in cold water.
- To make the peanut sauce, in a bowl, mix together, the peanut butter with the soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and a tbsp of hot water into a smooth consistency.
- In a non-stick pan, heat ½ a tbsp of oil over high heat. Add the ginger, white part of the spring onion and cook for 30 second before adding the red pepper, sugar snap peas and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the bok choy, cook for a minute, then add the drained noodles and continue to cook for a minute. Make a well in the middle of the noodles, add the peanut sauce and once it starts to bubble, stir everything together.
- Tear up the basil and gently stir into the noodles.
- Serve in a bowl with the crushed peanuts and green part of the spring onion sprinkled over the top.