Pancakes with Mediterranean Veggies and Garlic Mayo
Nutrition per serving
- Preheat oven to 200 ºC.
- Slice the mushrooms about 1cm wide.
- Slice the courgette into 1cm rounds.
- Peel/slice the onions into half-moon shapes.
- Finely chop the thyme/rosemary leaves.
- To prepare the pancake batter, in a mixing bowl, add the chickpea flour with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Slowly start to add 60ml of lukewarm water and continuously whisk into a smooth batter. Cover and set side.
- Evenly layer the mushrooms, courgettes, tomatoes onto a baking tray and drizzle over 1/2 a tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle over the thyme with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook near the top of the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Remove and cover with foil until serving.
- Meanwhile, sautée the onions in ½ a tbsp of oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat for about 6 minutes. Sprinkle over the rosemary, remove from heat and add the onion mixture to the batter. Mix well to combine and pour the batter in the same frying pan. Cook on a medium heat for a few minutes and turn the grill on to high. Place the frying pan under to the grill to cook the top of the pancake until golden brown.
- Turn the pancake out onto a plate and place the roasted vegetables onto one side then fold over in half.
- Lightly dress the rocket with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Serve the pancake with a little garlic mayonnaise and the rocket on the side.