Pad’s Thai with Tamarind and Roasted Peanuts
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Beans Green (snap beans)|
|Login||Green Onions/Spring Onions or Scallions (including tops and bulb)|
|Login||Red Chilli Pepper|
|Login||Peanuts, dry-roasted, without salt|
|Login||Soy Sauce (tamari)|
- Top, tail the green beans and chop in half.
- Coarsely chop the coriander.
- Slice the spring onion into 1cm rounds and separate the white part from the green.
- Peel/finely dice the garlic and ginger.
- Chop the chili.
- Crush the peanuts.
- Cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for a few minutes. Lift the green beans out of the water and transfer them to a bowl of cold water.
- Add the noodles to the same pot of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes until al dente. Reserve a few tbsp of the noodle water before draining. Return the noodles to the pot in cold water.
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, tamarind nectar with the sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat ½ a tbsp of olive oil over high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, chili and cook for 30 seconds before adding the green beans, the white part of the spring onion and continue to cook for a minute.
- Add the drained noodles with the soy/tamarind sauce mixture and a tbsp of the noodle water and cook for a final minute. Remove from heat and stir in the beansprouts with the juice from a ¼ of a lime.
- Serve in a bowl with the crushed peanuts, coriander and the green part of the spring onion sprinkled over the top.