Orzo and Veggies
Nutrition per serving
- Coarsely chop the parsley.
- Peel/chop the onion into 2cm pieces.
- Peel/chop the garlic.
- Slice the carrot in half lengthways, then slice each half into 1cm wide batons.
- Chop the tomatoes in half.
- Slice the courgette in half lengthways and slice widthways into ½ cm wide pieces.
- Remove the core/slice the pepper into 1cm strips.
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat with 2 tsp of oil over medium heat. Add the soya mince, onion, garlic, carrot and courgette with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook while stirring for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the orzo to the boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes until al dente. Reserve ¼ cup of the orzo water before draining and return the orzo to the pot and set aside.
- Add the peppers to the pan with the vegetables and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until the peppers are tender but crisp. Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
- Add the orzo to the pan with the vegetables along with a few tbsp of the reserved orzo water and a squeeze of lemon juice. Gently mix everything together to combine and season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl with the parsley sprinkled over the top.