One Pot Vegetarian Chili with Quinoa
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Green Bell Pepper (capsicum)|
|Login||Cilantro (Coriander) leaves|
|Login||Kidney beans (canned)|
|Login||Vegetable Stock Cube|
|Login||Chopped Tomatoes (canned)|
|Login||Yogurt (whole milk)|
- Peel/chop the garlic.
- Peel/chop a quarter of the onion.
- Remove the core/dice the green pepper into ½cm cubes.
- Roughly chop the coriander.
- Drain/rinse the kidney beans.
- Chop the carrot into small cubes.
- In a saucepan, heat ½ a tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and gently cook for a few minutes before adding the green pepper, carrot and continue to cook for 3 minutes until softened. Stir in the cinnamon, cumin and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour in 125ml of water with the stock pot. Bring to a gentle bubble, then add the quinoa, kidney beans, tomato passata, chili powder, chopped tomatoes, with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine, bring to a gentle bubble, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is soft enough to eat.
- In a bowl, combine the yoghurt with the zest from a quarter of a lime and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the chili is cooked, stir in ¾ of the coriander and remove the pan from heat.
- Serve in a bowl with the remaining coriander sprinkled over the top with a dollop of the yoghurt.