Mexican Tofu with Homemade Salsa & Coriander Rice
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Green Onions/Spring Onions or Scallions (including tops and bulb)|
|Login||Sweet Smoked Paprika|
|Login||Chopped Tomatoes (canned)|
|Login||Plain soy yogurt|
|Login||Brown Rice (medium-grain)|
|Login||Extra Firm Tofu|
- Chop the spring onion into ½ cm rounds, then separate the white part from the green.
- Drain the tofu and press out moisture using paper towels. Cut into bite-size slices.
- Peel/finely dice the garlic.
- Chop a tsp of the jalapeños.
- Chop the coriander.
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold running water for 30 seconds. Add to a medium pot of lightly salted boiling water and cook for about 15-20 minutes until tender. Add more water if needed. Drain, return to pot and cover with a cloth until serving.
- In a non-stick pan, heat a tsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the tofu with the fennel seeds, smoked paprika and stir-fry continuously stirring for 5-8 minutes.
- In another pan, heat ½ a tbsp of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the white part of the spring onion with the garlic, onion and cook for a few minutes before adding the tomatoes, jalapeños with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir, then bring the mixture to a gentle boil and simmer into a thick sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add a quarter of an avocado and mash with the back of a fork before adding a pinch of lime zest, the soy yogurt, ½ a tsp of lime juice and mix until smooth.
- Stir the chopped coriander, green part of the spring onion into the cooked rice.
- Serve the rice with the tofu, salsa on the side and the avocado drizzled over the top.