Linguine with Courgette & Red Pesto
Nutrition per serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Top and tail courgette, slice lengthways into ½ cm strips and slice each strip into ½ cm ribbons.
- Peel/finely chop ½ clove of garlic.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the pasta to lightly salted boiling water and cook for about 6 minutes until al dente. Remove from heat and drain.
- 3 minutes towards the end of the pasta cooking, heat ½ a tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, courgette ribbons and cook until the courgette is tender.
- Add the pesto, 1 a tsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of water and a large pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Add the drained pasta, remove from heat and gently stir to combine.
- Add ¾ of the cheese to the pasta and combine.
- Serve in a bowl with the remaining cheese sprinkled over the top.