Lentil, Vegetable & Butter Bean Chilli with Guacamole & Herby Rice
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Red Bell Pepper (capsicum)|
|Login||Sweet Smoked Paprika|
|Login||Red Pepper Flakes (Chili Flakes)|
|Login||Red Split Lentils|
|Login||Chopped Tomatoes (canned)|
|Login||Butter Beans (canned)|
- Preheat oven to 180 °
- Peel and finely chop onion.
- Core and chop pepper and courgette into 2cm cubes.
- Chop the coriander.
- Cook the onion in ½ a tbsp of oil in a frying pan over low heat for about 2 minutes. Add the chopped peppers and courgette, turn heat to medium and continue to cook for a couple of minutes. Stir in the smoked paprika, cumin, ground coriander, salt and pepper and a small pinch of chili flakes. Cook for a further minute.
- Meanwhile, bring 175ml of lightly salted water to boil. Add the rice, lower heat, cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes. (No peeking, leave the lid on through cooking and resting time).
- Add the chopped tomatoes and lentils to onions/peppers with 75ml of water and stir well. Bring to a gentle boil, lower heat to low and cook for 8-10 until thickened. Stir the butter beans 5 minutes after the lentils with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole by scooping out ½ an avocado into a bowl with the juice of ¼ of a lime and a pinch of salt and pepper and mash into a chunky consistency.
- Stir the coriander into the cooked rice.
- Serve the lentil chili on top of the rice with the guacamole on top.