Lentil and Charred Vegetable Halloumi Salad
Nutrition per serving
- Core/slice peppers into 2cm strips.
- Top and tail courgette and slice lengthways into ½ cm thick strips.
- Drain/rinse lentils in a sieve.
- Slice the halloumi into 1cm thick slices.
- Juice ¼ of a lemon.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the courgettes and cook for a couple of minutes each side until slightly charred and softened. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in the same skillet and cook the peppers in the same manner as the courgettes. Transfer to the plate with the courgettes.
- Heat the clean skillet on medium, coat the halloumi cheese with a tsp olive oil and cook for about 2 minutes each side until golden brown.
- In the meantime, to make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, combine, a tbsp of olive oil, ½ a tbsp of lemon juice, ½ a sprig of thyme leaves and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To make the salad, in a serving bowl, add the courgette, red pepper, lentils, rocket, vinaigrette and combine well to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the halloumi on top of the salad.