Lamb with Chickpea Tabouli
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||4.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||11.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4.7 g|
|Cucumber, with peel|
|Chickpeas (garbanzo beans, bengal gram), canned, rinsed in tap water, drained|
|Leaves, Mint Fresh|
1. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
2. Dice cucumber.
3. Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
4. Chop parsley and mint.
1. To make the bulgar wheat, place in a heatproof dish, add boiling water just above it, stir, cover and leave to cook for 15 minutes. Drain excess water and set aside
2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Lightly coat lamb on both sides with sumac and add to pan.
3. Cook each side for 2–3 minutes or to your taste. Remove from heat and loosely wrap the lamb with foil. Set aside to rest for 2–3 minutes. Thinly slice the lamb.
4. To make dressing, mix lemon juice and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a small bowl.
5. Add chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes and herbs to bulgar wheat, add dressing and combine well.
6. Serve in a bowl with the sliced lamb on top of the chickpea tabouli.