Lamb Koftas with Homemade Tzatziki & Wholemeal Rice
Nutrition per serving
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Place the bamboo skewers in some water to prevent them from burning.
- Peel/finely dice a quarter clove of garlic.
- Chop the dill leaves.
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold running water for 30 seconds. Add to a medium pot of lightly salted boiling water and cook for about 20 minutes until tender. Add more water if needed. Drain, return to pot and cover with a cloth until serving.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, add the lamb, shawarma seasoning, ½ of the diced garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and with damp hands, shape the meat around and along the skewers. Grill near the heat for about 10-12 minutes and turn every few minutes until browned.
- To make the Tzatziki, in a small bowl, add 2 tbsp of Greek yoghurt with a ¼ cup of the diced cucumber, ¼ tsp of grated lemon zest, ¼ tsp of lemon juice, the remaining garlic, chopped dill, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Serve the skewers on top of the rice with the Tzatziki on the side.