Lamb Kofta with Couscous & Cucumber Salad
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Green Onions/Spring Onions or Scallions (including tops and bulb)|
|Login||Leaves, Mint Fresh|
|Login||Cucumber, with peel|
|Login||Vegetable Stock Cube|
|Login||Yogurt (whole milk)|
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Trim the root of the spring onion and trim 2 cm from the top stalk. Cut the spring onion in half lengthways, then finely slice.
- Peel/finely dice the red onion.
- Chop the mint.
- Place the bamboo skewers in some water to prevent them from burning.
- Peel the cucumber, then using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips to form (Discard the middle, seeded part).
- In a frying pan, heat a teaspoon of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the red onions with a pinch of salt and pepper and gently cook for about 10 minutes until lightly browned/caramelised.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, add the mince, spring onions, spice mix, a large pinch of salt and a third of the mint. Mix well to combine and set aside in the fridge.
- Place the cucumber ribbons in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice, a tbsp of yogurt and the remaining mint. Set aside.
- To make the couscous, bring 200ml of water to boil. Add the stock pot and stir to dissolve. Add the couscous, cover with a lid, remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes until the granules have absorbed all the liquid.
- Meanwhile, with damp hands, shape the meat around and along the skewers. Grill near the heat for a few minutes on each side.
- Fluff the cooked couscous with a fork to separate the grains and add the onion mixture to the couscous with a little lime zest. Stir to combine.
Serve the couscous in a bowl with the cucumber salad on top, then top with the lamb skewers.