Grilled vegetable salad
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||16.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||29.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4.6 g|
|Red Bell Pepper (capsicum)|
|Green Bell Pepper (capsicum)|
1. Prepare by preheating oven to 200C (392 F). Mashing garlic. Rinse and drain the vegetables. Cut all peppers into strips. Slice the zucchini widthways into 1/2cm slices. Slice the eggplant lengthways into 1/2cm slices. Slice the halloumi cheese into small pieces
2. Mix a third of the olive oil and mashed garlic in a small bowl.
3. Add the vegetables into a baking dish, and add the mixed garlic and oil all over and season with salt. Cook in prepared oven for 35 minutes. Watch they don’t burn.
4. Mix together thoroughly the sliced halloumi and some olive oil. Grill for 3-5 minutes just before vegetables are finished.
5. Rinse and drain lettuce and add to serving bowl.
6. Add the grilled vegetables on top of the lettuce.
7. Add the grilled halloumi cheese and mix thoroughly with remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
8. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if required.