Golden Halloumi with Zingy Capers, Lentils and Fresh Dill
Nutrition per serving
- Roughly chop the dill.
- Top and tail the courgette, slice in half lengthways, then slice one half into 4 strips and slice widthways into 1cm cubes.
- Drain/rinse the lentils in a sieve.
- Roughly chop the capers.
- Zest/juice a quarter of a lemon.
- Slice the halloumi into 1cm slices.
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under cold running water for 30 seconds. Add to a medium pot of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes. Drain, return to pot and cover for 5 minutes with a tea towel.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To make the salad, in a bowl, add the lentils, capers, drained quinoa with the rocket and all but a pinch of the dill. Pour over the dressing and gently toss to coat. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat ½ a tbsp of olive oil over high heat, add the courgette and cook for about 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Transfer to a bowl to cool down and set aside.
- Return the pan with ½ a tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the halloumi and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Add the courgette to the salad and stir to combine.
- Serve the salad in a bowl with the halloumi on top and the remaining dill sprinkled over the top.