Ginger Beef Stir Fry with Asparagus and Basmati Rice
Nutrition per serving
- Remove the ends from the asparagus and cut them into 4cm pieces.
- Slice the steak into wafer thin slices.
- Peel/finely dice the garlic.
- Bring 200ml of lightly salted water to boil. Add the rice, lower heat, cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes. (No peeking, leave the lid on through cooking and resting time).
- Place the sliced steak into a bowl with ½ a tbsp of cornflour and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to coat.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat a tsp of olive oil. Add the asparagus and cook for minute until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add a tsp of olive oil to the same skillet and turn heat to high. Add the steak and stir fry for a minute to sear. Transfer to the plate with the asparagus.
- Add the garlic, ginger to the pan with a tsp of olive oil and cook for 30 seconds. Return the asparagus, beef to the pan with the oyster sauce, soy sauce, juice of ¼ of the lime and 2 tbsp of water. Toss all the ingredients together and cook for a final minute.
- Using a fork, fluff up the rice to separate the grain.
- Serve the rice in a bowl with the beef stir fry on top.