Fresh Minestrone Soup with Bacon and Conchiglioni
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||1.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.3 g|
|Chicken Stock Cube|
|Red Bell Pepper (capsicum)|
|Chopped Tomatoes (canned)|
|Cannellini Beans (canned)|
|Cavolo Nero (Black Kale)|
- Peel/finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Remove core/dice the pepper into 1cm cubes.
- Chop the celery/courgette into 1cm pieces.
- Cut the bacon into 1cm strips.
- Roughly chop the cavolo nero.
- Remove the thyme leaves from the sprig.
- Drain/rinse the cannellini beans in a sieve.
- Boil 300ml of water in a small pot with the stock pot and stir to dissolve.
- Heat ½ a tsp of oil in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until golden and crispy around the edges.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, pepper with the thyme leaves and cook for 3 minutes until the vegetables have softened. Add the courgettes and continue to cook for a minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, boiling stock, calvo nero, the bay leaf and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer, lower heat to medium-low and cook for 3 minutes before adding the pasta and continue to cook for about 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the pasta al dente.
- Once the vegetables/pasta is cooked, add the cannellini beans and cook for a final minute.
- Serve in a bowl.