Courgette, Jalapeño and Black Bean Quesadillas
Nutrition per serving
- Peel/finely slice the onion into half-moon shapes.
- Top and tail the courgette, slice in half lengthways, then slice widthways into ½ cm pieces.
- Drain/rinse the black beans in a sieve.
- Finely dice the jalapeños.
- Grate the zest from ¼ of a lime.
- Finely shred the lettuce.
- In a pan, heat ½ a tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add the onion and gently cook for 3 minutes until softened and translucent not browned. Transfer the onions to a bowl.
- Return the pan to heat and add the courgettes with a pinch of salt. Cook each side for about a minute until browned. Return the onions to the pan with the black beans, tomato passata and cumin and stir before adding the jalapeños with the juice from a ¼ of a lime and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well to combine and gently simmer for 3 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together, the sour cream with the lime zest, a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Place the tortillas onto a board, spoon equal amounts of the courgette mixture onto one half of the tortilla. Crumble over the feta, then fold the tortilla in half.
- Heat a non-stick pan on high heat and dry fry the quesadillas for about 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve with the sour cream and lettuce on the side.