Courgette Fettuccine with Peas and Pesto
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||3.8 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Red Chilli Pepper|
|Vegan Parmesan Cheese|
- Peel/finely chop the garlic.
- Finley dice a quarter of the chili.
- Top and tail the courgette, then slice into ½ cm strips lengthways and then slice each strip lengthways into ½ cm strands.
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted water according the package instructions until al dente.
- In a frying pan, heat ½ a tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, chili and gently cook for a minute before adding the courgette strands. Turn the heat to high and cook for a minute until the courgette is almost tender/crisp.
- Add the peas to the pasta 2 minutes toward the end of the pasta cooking, drain (keep ¼ of a cup of the pasta water).
- Add the pesto to the pan with the courgette with a tbsp of the pasta water, then mix to combine. Finally add the drained pasta/peas and gently mix to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl with the cheese sprinkled over the top.