Ciabatta Pizzas with Smokey Salsa Fresh Basil
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||8.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||11.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.8 g|
|Chopped Tomatoes (canned)|
|Sweet Smoked Paprika|
|Mozzarella Cheese (whole milk)|
- Preheat the oven to high.
- Peel/finely chop a quarter garlic clove and leave the other quarter un-chopped.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Top and tail the courgette and slice in half lengthways, then slice one half into 5 strips and slice widthways into 2cm cubes.
- In a frying pan, heat a tsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add the tinned tomatoes with ¼ tsp of smoked paprika, a pinch sugar and of salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, lower heat to medium-low and gently simmer until thickened.
- Slice the ciabatta in half and grill both sides until lightly toasted. Remove and rub the quarter garlic clove into the inside part of the ciabatta, while warm.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and evenly spread the sauce onto each of the ciabattas. Scatter over the chopped courgette with half the cherry tomatoes. Tear the mozzarella into bite-sized pieces and scatter over the top.
- Drizzle over a little olive, then grill until the cheese melts and is golden brown.
- To make the salad, in a bowl, add the remaining tomatoes, rocket with a tsp of olive oil and gently mix to coat. Sprinkle over a torn basil leaf over the top and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the pizza with a torn basil leaf sprinkled over the top with the salad on the side.