Ciabatta Pizzas with Smokey Salsa Fresh Basil
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||1.7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||8.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Chopped Tomatoes (canned)|
|Sweet Smoked Paprika|
- Preheat the oven to high.
- Peel/finely chop a quarter garlic clove and leave the other quarter un-chopped.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Top and tail the courgette and slice in half lengthways, then slice one half into 5 strips and slice widthways into 2cm cubes.
- In a frying pan, heat a tsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add the tinned tomatoes with ¼ tsp of smoked paprika, a pinch sugar and of salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, lower heat to medium-low and gently simmer until thickened.
- Slice the ciabatta in half and grill both sides until lightly toasted. Remove and rub the quarter garlic clove into the inside part of the ciabatta, while warm.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and evenly spread the sauce onto each of the ciabattas. Scatter over the chopped courgette, mushrooms and half the cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle over a little olive, then grill for 5-8 minutes.
- To make the salad, in a bowl, add the remaining tomatoes, rocket with a tsp of olive oil and gently mix to coat. Sprinkle over a torn basil leaf over the top and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the pizza with a torn basil leaf sprinkled over the top with the salad on the side.