Chicken Yakitori with Red Onions & Sweet and Sour Noodles
Nutrition per serving
- Finely slice the spring onion into ½ cm rounds, then separate the white part from the green.
- Peel/slice the red onion into half-moon shapes.
- Peel/finely chop the garlic.
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Squeeze the juice from a ¼ of a lime.
- Soak the skewers in water to prevent them from burning.
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar and stir to coat. Set aside in the fridge for 10 minutes to marinade.
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice with the chili sauce and set aside.
- Place the red onions onto a plate and sprinkle over the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix to coat. In a non-stick pan, heat ½ a tbsp oil over high heat. Add the onions and cook until golden and crispy. Transfer to a kitchen towel lined plate to absorb the excess oil.
- Cook the noodles in lightly salted boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain and return to the pot in cold water.
- To make the chicken skewers, preheat the grill to high heat. Thread the chicken onto the skewers and place under the grill for about 8-10 minutes until browned. Turn a few times during cooking time to evenly cook.
- Meanwhile, in the same non-stick pan, heat ½ a tbsp of oil over high heat. Add the white part of the spring onion and cook for 30 seconds before adding the green beans and cooking for a further 2 minutes. Add the drained noodles to the pan with the lime juice/chili mixture and gently mix to combine everything together. Cook for a final minute and remove from heat.
- Serve the noodles in a bowl with the chicken skewers on top and the green part of the spring onion sprinkled over the top.