Chicken with Cashew Nuts and Yellow Bean Sauce
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||4.7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||9.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4.7 g|
|Green Onions/Spring Onions or Scallions (including tops and bulb)|
|Cornstarch (Corn flour)|
|Soy Sauce (tamari)|
|Yellow Bean Sauce|
1. Finely slice the spring onion.
2. Peel/ finely dice the garlic and ginger.
3. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
4. Lightly crush the cashews.
5. Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add the noodles and cook for 4 minutes. Add the tenderstem broccoli 2 minutes toward the end of cooking the noodles. Drain and return to the pot in cold water.
6. Place the cashew in a dry frying pan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently (every 15 seconds or so) and cook for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
7. Put the chicken in a bowl with the cornflour and a pinch of salt. Mix to coat.
8. Heat ½ a tbsp of oil in the same frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes until crispy and cooked through. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
9. To make the sauce, in a small bowl, combine the soy, rice vinegar, yellow bean sauce and 2 ½ tbsp of water.
10. In the same pan, heat ½ tsp of sesame oil over medium heat. Add the white part of the spring onion, ginger and garlic and cook for a minute. Return the chicken to the pan with sauce and mix well to combine. Finally, add the drained noodles/tenderstem and continue to cook until warmed through.
11. Serve in a bowl with the cashew nuts and green part of the spring onion sprinkled over the top.