Chicken with Cashew Nuts and Yellow Bean Sauce
Nutrition per serving
|Login||Green Onions/Spring Onions or Scallions (including tops and bulb)|
|Login||Cornstarch (Corn flour)|
|Login||Soy Sauce (tamari)|
|Login||Yellow Bean Sauce|
- Finely slice the spring onion.
- Peel/ finely dice the garlic and ginger.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Lightly crush the cashews.
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add the noodles and cook for 4 minutes. Add the tenderstem broccoli 2 minutes toward the end of cooking the noodles. Drain and return to the pot in cold water.
- Place the cashew in a dry frying pan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently (every 15 seconds or so) and cook for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Put the chicken in a bowl with the cornflour and a pinch of salt. Mix to coat.
- Heat ½ a tbsp of oil in the same frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes until crispy and cooked through. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, combine the soy, rice vinegar, yellow bean sauce and 2 ½ tbsp of water.
- In the same pan, heat ½ tsp of sesame oil over medium heat. Add the white part of the spring onion, ginger and garlic and cook for a minute. Return the chicken to the pan with sauce and mix well to combine. Finally, add the drained noodles/tenderstem and continue to cook until warmed through.
- Serve in a bowl with the cashew nuts and green part of the spring onion sprinkled over the top.