Caribbean Spicy Sausages with Roasted Veggies and Mashed Potato
Nutrition per serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Remove the core/slice the peppers into 2cm strips.
- Peel/chop the onion into 3cm pieces.
- Slice the courgette in half lengthways and then chop into 4 strips lengthways and then slice into 3cm length batons.
- Peel/chop the potatoes into 2cm pieces.
- Roughly chop the parsley.
- In a bowl, mix together, the jerk sauce, mango chutney with a tbsp of olive oil.
- Place the pepper and onion onto a baking tray and pour the jerk mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and pepper and shake the tray to evenly coat the vegetables. With a fork, prick each of the sausages twice and place on top of the vegetables.
- Place the baking tray near the top of the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes. Add the courgettes to the tray halfway through the cooking time, give the tray a shake and return to the oven to finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a medium pot of lightly salted boiling water for about 8-10 minutes until tender. Once cooked, drain and return the potatoes to the pot with ½ a tbsp of butter, 1 ½ tbsp of milk, a pinch of salt and pepper, then mash until smooth. Cover with a lid and set aside until serving.
- Once the vegetable/sausages are cooked, remove the baking tray from the oven and stir the parsley through the vegetables.
- Serve the sausages on top of the mash with the vegetables on the side.