Caribbean Spicy Meatless Sausages with Roasted Veggies and Mashed Potato
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||6.1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||17.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Potato, flesh and skin|
|Green Bell Pepper (capsicum)|
|Margarine (80% fat with salt)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C (392 F)
2. Remove the core/slice the peppers into 2cm strips.
3. Peel/chop the onion into 3cm pieces.
4. Slice the courgette in half lengthways and then chop into 4 strips lengthways and then slice into 3cm length batons.
5. Peel/chop the potatoes into 2cm pieces.
6. Roughly chop the parsley.
7. In a bowl, mix together, the jerk sauce, mango chutney with a tbsp of olive oil.
8. Place the pepper and onion onto a baking tray and pour the jerk mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and pepper and shake the tray to evenly coat the vegetables. Place the sausages on top of the vegetables.
9. Place the baking tray near the top of the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes. Add the courgettes to the tray halfway through the cooking time, give the tray a shake and return to the oven to finish cooking.
10. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a medium pot of lightly salted boiling water for about 8-10 minutes until tender. Once cooked, drain and return the potatoes to the pot with the margarine, soy milk, a pinch of salt and pepper, then mash until smooth. Cover with a lid and set aside until serving.
11. Once the vegetable/sausages are cooked, remove the baking tray from the oven and stir the parsley through the vegetables.
12. Serve the sausages on top of the mash with the vegetables on the side.