Cajun Cod with Roasted Veggies
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||3.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||14.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4.6 g|
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (392 F)
2. Slice the potatoes into 3cm pieces
3. Peel and remove ends of carrots. Slice in half lengthways and slice in half again lengthwise. Slice each carrot in half.
4. Chop the courgettes into the same manner as the carrots
5. Finely chop garlic
6. Chop up the pistachio nuts into small pieces
7. To make marinade, in a bowl, combine ½ a tbsp of lemon juice, ¼ tbsp of Cajun spice mix and a pinch of salt and pepper. Coat fish well and set aside.
8. Place potatoes, carrots onto a baking tray and drizzle with ½ a tbsp of olive oil. Season with thyme and salt and pepper.
9. Roast in the oven for about 10 minutes before adding the courgettes and cook for a further 15 minutes until tender.
10. Start cooking the fish 10 minutes towards the end of vegetables cooking time.
11. Add 1/2 a tbsp of olive oil to a frying over low-medium heat
12. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute, add the fish skin side down and cook for about 2-3 minutes each side until translucent and cooked through. Transfer the fish to a plate and set side.
13. Add the marinade to the pan with a tablespoon of water and heat for 1 minute.
14. Serve the fish on top of the vegetables in a bowl and drizzle the marinade and chopped pistachio nuts over the top.