Black Beans with Sweet Potato and Rice
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.4 g|
|Black Beans (canned)|
|White Rice (medium-grain)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C (392 F)
2. Drain and rinse the black beans
3. Prick the sweet potato several times using a fork or knife
4. Put the sweet potato in the microwave for 8 minutes, then transfer to the top shelf of the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
5. Boil some water in two small saucepans. Add the rice to one saucepan and boil for 15-20 minutes. Add the broccoli to the other saucepan and boil for 10 minutes.
6. Put the black beans in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes.
7. Drain the rice and broccoli and serve alongside the baked sweet potato and black beans. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the top.