Black Beans with Sweet Potato and Rice
Nutrition per serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Prick the sweet potato several times using a fork or knife.
- Put the sweet potato in the microwave for 8 minutes, then transfer to the top shelf of the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Boil some water in two small saucepans. Add the rice to one saucepan and boil for 15-20 minutes. Add the broccoli to the other saucepan and boil for 10 minutes.
- Put the black beans in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Drain the rice and broccoli and serve alongside the baked sweet potato and black beans. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the top.