Black Bean and Sausage Soup
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||2.4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.4 g|
|Green Onions/Spring Onions or Scallions (including tops and bulb)|
|Tomatoes, Red, Ripe|
|Black beans (canned)|
|Stock, Chicken Home Prepared|
1. Remove the sausage from the casings and place in a small bowl
2. Chop the parsley and dice tomato
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add sausage, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon while cooking to break up lumps. Cook sausage until it just starts to brown, stirring frequently.
4. Transfer cooked sausage into a bowl, using a slotted spoon. Cover the bowl to keep the sausage moist.
5. Use the same pan to saute the garlic, adding a little bit of oil as necessary. Saute the garlic until light golden brown. Add in scallions and onions and saute until they are soft, about 6 minutes.
6. Stir in tomatoes and oregano and continue to saute over low heat until the mixture is aromatic and looks flavorful. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Pour in the chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil.
8. Stir in black beans and sausage including the juices that is left in the bowl. Bring to a boil once more.
9. Reduce the heat to very low heat. Taste and correct the seasonings if necessary.
10. Partially cover the skillet and let the mixture simmer for about 15 minutes.
11. Ladle soup in a bowl and garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve warm.