Beetroot and ricotta salad
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||9.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||25.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||5.2 g|
|Ricotta Cheese (whole milk)|
|Ground Black Pepper|
1. Prepare by peeling beetroot. Wash and drain rocket. Cut both the lime and orange into half.
2. Cook beetroot in heat proof container for 10 -15 minutes in a microwave. Let it cool and then cut into 1 to 2cm slices and leave aside.
3. At the same time prepare the dressing by adding juice from the lime and orange in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of oilve oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the waiting sliced beetroot into the dressing and marinate for 2 - 4 hours (optional)
5. Lay rocket on a plate. Add beetroot on top and the ricotta (and parmesan cheese if you want) on top of the beetroot.
6. Add over the top chopped pistachio nuts and mix in.