Baked chicken and pea risotto
Nutrition per serving
|Saturated Fat||3.7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||8.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.7 g|
|Arborio (short-grain rice)|
|Chicken Stock (salt reduced)|
|Peas Green, Frozen|
1. In preparation preheat an oven to 160 C (320 F). Add crushed garlic clove, half the thinly sliced onion and sliced chicken to an ovenproof frying pan with heated oil using medium to high heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring as you go.
2. Add chopped thyme and arborio rice to the frying pan and cook for a minute, keep stirring.
3. Add chicken stock and bring to the boil. Cover pan with lid and then oven bake for 15 minutes.
4. At the same time make a salad by mixing together the other half of onion with baby rocket, thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
5. Take the pan out of the oven. Now add peas and stir in peas. Cover the pan and bake for 5 to 7 minutes so that rice is tender.
6. Add sprinkling of grated parmesan over risotto. Season with black pepper to taste.
7. Plate and serve with rocket salad as required.